ManpowerGroup Sp. z o.o.
Junior System Engineer
At Cisco, our vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn. If you want to work with leading technology, and have the desire to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced global environment then a Cisco is a great way to begin your career. Working at Cisco is rewarding and fun and we always encourage the contribution of individuals to our company success. It is a great opportunity for you to evaluate and qualify your skills. You will work alongside experienced professionals, from day one. It is also within our interest to grow readiness of talented university students for our full-time job opportunities.
The team is a group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. "Work hard, play harder" is the motto of the team.
The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every of them bring great value to the table.
Our team has global presence located in 2 US centers, 3 centers in EMEA and 2 India centers.
Whom we seek?
We are looking for bright people to join our team with good fundamental in Systems/Linux administration and customer support. People who can develop and guide the specific technologies if it"s needed. As a member of Cloud&Managed Services team you will be expected to work autonomously and help us delivering the best customer experience as possible by supporting them with technical queries.
- active monitoring and providing 1st level support for customer"s environment and responding to the events in timely fashion
- managing the queue of incidents and make sure that all of them are served according to appropriate service level
- autonomously solve issues based on predefined procedures, knowledge and experience
- acting as Cisco single point of contact to the customer
- organizing and participation in escalation calls
- close cooperation with vendor-based support
- building and delivering timelines of incidents
- gathering and delivering data for further analysis
- cooperation with higher-tier engineers
- preparing and delivering presentations and trainings to the internal team or wider audience
- creating, testing and delivering procedures
- providing technical support for customers during software deployment, new services implementation and architectural changes
- close co-operation with surrounding teams
- sharing knowledge and expertise within the team
Miejsce zatrudnienia: Kraków, Polska
- minimum of 1+ years of experience in a Systems/Linux administrator role - RHCSA level of knowledge required
- experience with at least two technologies the following list: LDAP, DNS, Radius, Java application servers (JBoss/Tomcat/Weblogic)
- basic SQL knowledge
- understanding and practical knowledge of networking and server hardware would be an asset
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience
- ability to read technical documentation with understanding
- ability to understand customer environments and analyze configurations of devices
- willing to learn through organized trainings, self-studies
- strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills (English required)
Wymagany język angielski, na poziomie: płynny biegły
Wymagany język wszystkie języki, na poziomie: płynny biegły
What we offer?
- Full-time job with attractive salary based on B2B or Contract of employment
- Multicultural working environment and possibility to advance technical skills
- Possibility of changing position, department, gaining new knowledge and experience
- Internal trainings, coaching, mentoring
- Access to e-learning platform
- Working in modern office (Enterprise Park) with Two cafeterias, Summer gardens, Outdoor Ping-Pong table, Xbox games and board games in creativity rooms, Massage chairs, Table football and more.